Sunday, August 19, 2012

Getting CRM2011 Outlook Client running on Windows 8

I upgraded my Windows 7 machine to Windows 8 and found a problem with CRM2011. I upgraded the Outlook Client to UR10 but still had problems. There are two things you need to do

  1. Ensure Windows Identity Framework 3.5 is installed (this is now a 'feature' of Windows 8 and can be enabled from "Turn Windows Features on or off" from Programs and Features.
  2. Ensure you are using your full Domain username when entering the account details in the CRM connection dialog. I was originally using my email address to login. For some reason that does not work and you need to use the full domain username. You can find the full domain username from System>Administration>Users> Select a user >General>Account Information.
It's the second point that seems critical on Windows 8.

No comments: